Tuesday, January 24, 2017

Two Axis Progress one

I'm nowhere near done but I've got a good start. It's big enough to tell I want a whole quilt first time out, and probably a baby blanket too. I thumb-nailed a a mock up to get an idea of how many of each piece I would need. I had some velum graph paper (you can erase and redraw on this a lot!) it's pretty transparent so I made flaps and doped out a couple of different backs to see how big the pieces would be.




   This quilt is made from the scraps left over from a lot of other projects. There is no budget for this project so I won't be trying to hold out for a single piece back. These designs don't look like they're gonna save much fabric, but all their seams fall right on seams on the two axis top.I'll probably string a tie from front to back in the center of every roundy edged square to its reference dot on                                                  the back. To be sure the seams match up,                                                      before I  begin the quilting I plan to reference                                                  them with  hand stitches from the back to front.

No comments:

Post a Comment