Friday, May 22, 2015

Cyclocentric Single Wiggle Triangle Baby Blanket

I may always be a bit behind with my articles. Fortunately I still have some pretty good pictures of this one, even though I've done two more since then. Recent experiments using only wiggly lines in the border (except the outside edge) with varying density and complexity of the quilting, have led to more descriptive names. For instance, since this blanket's Cyclocentric polygons are bounded by straight lines out to the edge, I would refer to it, and the larger version with a similar treatment, as "primitive". That would make this a Cyclocentric Single Wiggle Triangle Primitive baby blanket.

                                               
The quilting itself was a three-fold pattern where
pairs of wavy lines going in three directions produced
 all the fishes and circles.

This more organized approach was a lot less
challenging and neater.   

The corner folding method was carried over from the Single
Wiggle Triangle Primitive blanket that came just before it.
I really liked the pleaty way I folded the corners to make
them one piece. Unfortunately, none of the templates survived. 




No comments:

Post a Comment