Sunday, December 14, 2014

Chocoholic Ghosts Make 18 Hour Potholder Look Practical

I have yet to face the dreaded marshmallows, but I'm pretty sure I've passed halfway with the stitching. This one makes that "Simple 18 Hour Potholder" look downright practical. I guess it's too late for that paper-cut huh?

 I am finding close examination of my stitching is painful at best. Still I remember, this is not a prom dress, and the acceptable standards for arty, experimental, potholder quilts are a bit more lenient. In other words, "It would have to look a lot stupider than this before I could feel good about giving up". 


 Perhaps not yer museum quality pot-holder, but maybe good enough to hang in the kitchen and pick up hot stuff for years and years.  
Notes on the stitching; Especially on the shiny stuff, poking the needle toward the center (while not as pretty as a parallel to the edge stitch) and double wrapping the needle (knotting) each stitch helps keep them from bursting the edge as often. over cutting (leaving extra width) particularly in narrow spots cuts down on the,
"I meant to do that", on the fly image redesigns. Wish I had more, I mentioned over-cutting didn't I? Oh well Like Shakleton and Oat Willie, "Why stop now, onward through the fog". After the Shackleton family motto "Fortitudine vincimus" (By endurance we conquer).
       

No comments:

Post a Comment