Sunday, November 30, 2014

Double Wiggle Triangle, Cylinder Quilt

This is a patched together network of the compass flower refer in the Wikipedia article I got my clip art from as "The Flower Of Life". At 18 3/8 inches tall it makes a cylinder 8 3/4 inches in diameter. It's centered on an 8 1/2 x 11 sheet to print as a work sheet. By referring to http://pillowhedra.blogspot.com/ it's not too tough to figure the placement to fill it with single, double, or even triple wiggle triangles or rhombus s. I like to use colored pencils. That way if I screw up, I just change colors and try again till I've got a grip on the symmetry, and then start a fresh sheet. This is planned to be a bolster pillow, of green and black rose brocade satin. The arithmetic wasn't hard but it still took a ridiculously long time so I thought I'd share. This network isn't really hard to generate with a compass and ruler, and seems like it would be somewhat idiot proof. But no! Beyond generating small sections to make polygon templates, all my attempts so far stated to go to pieces before I got a very big section going. It saves a lot of time to have a printable section to play around with.

I'm just getting started so there's not much to show but a painted cardboard sono-tube (concrete form from home depot). I'll be back with more as I get-er-done.

No comments:

Post a Comment