Sunday, November 30, 2014

Cyclocentric Cylinder Bolster Quilt

I know it looks allot like the last post, but this is the template that works for this project. It only took all night and a couple of hours to finally get it headed the right direction. I haven't gotten very far since, but once I decided that the grain direction of the grid was what needed changing it moved more quickly. First try I lost a row in the diameter and picked one up in the length. Then I got the diameter better but now it's too long.

Actually it's taller than I'd planned but it looks about right. I' m defiantly pushing on to the full sized patterns before I fool around with it any more. If you've noticed all the colored lines, yes I screwed up a couple of times. I just changed colors and kept going. both cylinders are made from printer copies of my first try on the rotated template.

The other end of the couch shouldn't be naked, so here's the template for the 4-fold network. Dam, you have no idea what a rare critter this is! I searched for more than an hour for even a small section of this net and never found it.

  All I found was a mention of a section on a Tau cross in a 1921 work by John Sebastian Ward on Freemasonry. No pictures I found of the mentioned crosses had an example. This work sheet is a cleaned out, squared up, pasted up, copy of zindra's figure 5b on page 8 (of 12) from her earthlink post of 4/7/2006, that can be found reproduced in it's entirety at pillowhedra.blogspot.com
As she said,"It employs the use of the Vesica Piscis coordinates arranged in a 4-fold cyclosemmytric aray..." Explorations within this net can reveal both a single and a double wiggle hexahedron (square), both of which will tile (fill an entire surface). Sharpen yer colored pencils. This may be a long night.  

No comments:

Post a Comment